Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Meaning of Wolf In Our Lives

For several weeks now, Spirit has been showing me the image of Kestral... but forgot to tell me why.  OR... which is more likely... I couldn't pick up the energy of Kestral to share it with you.  This morning, on the other hand, Spirit distinctly changed that image to Wolf.  Not just any wolf... but wolf momma with her cub.  You may now ask why this image is so important to everyone at this time.  You may also be sitting there reading this and thinking to yourself  "Oh, hey, I just had a dream about a wolf" or something similar.  Wolf may have been part of your day, your dream, your symbol... for awhile now.  Let's now venture into why...

The wolf is a pack-oriented animal.  Family and the survival of the family unit is the message behind most wolf visions, sightings, and feelings.  All wolves are messengers to you... some are heartwarming and some are down-right shivers-up-your-spine scarey.  When Wolf is present, it is for you to draw those dear to you, close to you.  Protect the pack.  At this time of year, the Holiday time, the family is such an important part of our lives... our existence... our inner being.  That does NOT necessarily mean your biological family (some of those can be real pains in the neck).  Your family is that group of people that make you feel the most whole... the most comfortable and safe.  Guard the pack... protect your family unit... survive through the love and strength of those around you who stand with you.

If a Lone Wolf, particularly a White Wolf, has come into your life... via visions, dreams, thoughts... that is a beautiful thing indeed.  The White Wolf, although seemingly alone, is never alone.  White Wolf is your guide, your guardian providing truth to you on four paws.  White Wolf is there to let you know that trials will be coming but, you are blessed with a true guardian who will be with you through thick and thin.  White Wolf is there to let you know to watch-out, don't let your guard down, be prepared.  It's always good to know when something is up rather than having it thrust into your face when you're least ready for it.  When we're prepared for something, it never turns out anywhere near as bad as it would had we been un-prepared.

Some unfortunate souls, though, are witness to the Black Wolf.  The ethereal Black Wolf with red glowing eyes in particular.  This wolf is NOT the bad omen of popular belief... yet can be very frightening for those that it looks directly toward.  Those of you who have had this magnificently ominous creature follow you and look you straight in the eye are being spoken to and sought out by someone from a past life.  This wolf is the soul of a child... a child who passed away before it could be baptized.  Whether you believe in God or not... whether you believe in the rite of Baptism or not... it does NOT matter.  This is the soul of a child looking for, hunting for, and longing for its parent.  This Black Wolf is an indicator that you lived before, and lived during a time in Europe when not baptizing a child was considered evil, heresy, and to be eternal condemnation.  Times were different then and this soul is looking for you, its parent, to ask forgiveness from your Higher Power for this one oversite on your part... not on the child's part for it wasn't the child's decision... it was yours in a by-gone era long gone.  This soul is looking to you to ask your Higher Power to take it into the fold... into the pack.  By doing this, the soul will be receiving something that it has been searching for for far too long... a parent's love.  Do this... no matter what or how you believe... for the child, your Black Wolf will disappear.  You, along with the soul of the child, will have peace.

What better gifts to have or give at this time of the year.  To give of yourself to others or to know that others are giving to you... out of love, honesty, healing, and support... are things that are true gifts felt like a shining bow on the greatest package of all, otherwise known as our heart.

Be well, take care, and I bid you true peace at this most joyous of Seasons.  Remember that we don't need gifts, parties, lights, and hoop-la to be joyous and shine.  All we really need is love... we are ALL of the pack.

Mariah

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. I had a very intense dream about a white wolf that when I awoke left me feeling watched over and at peace. This wolf felt to me to have come from another spiritual realm so to speak. Your explanation was extremely helpful. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot I saw two white wolves the other day...I've been having trouble deciding what I should do I am the mother wolf its time I started acting like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about when the black wolf kills you in your dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a dream last night a mated pair of white wolves came to our home. We went out to greet them, the male white wolf had a horn from a fight with another animal stuck deep in his chest. My boyfriend touched the male white wolf on the top of his head and circled around the male wolf. Then went to his chest and pulled out the animal horn which was like the horn of a long horn cattle. The wound did not bleed. The wolf couple gave a nod as if in thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a vision of just the eyes of a wolf, they were not red!! And I could not make oi the colour of the wolf as it was seen as if through smoke?? Any ideas on what this may mean?? I also saw the eyes of an owl in the same vision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous,
      The eyes of Owl indicate that you need to see things truthfully and not allow deception to cloud your vision, while the eyes of Wolf tell you that you must learn from the truth and walk your path clearly.
      Hope that helps and thank you for your comment.
      Take care,
      Mariah

      Delete
  6. I dreamed I have bonded with my wolf and have been with him in Europe, Asian white sands and as Native Americans. He has always held high positions and has been a Warrior and worker of metals. I am his wife and a Healer and studied Natural Medicine and am the vessel of his many children. In this life there has been great sorrow in both our lives; I recognized him as I looked deep into his eyes at grade school. To search for love has been unfaithfulness of others so that deep within my soul I see what did not happen in this life happiness and the emptiness we did not have children. In my dream we are in a deep green forest shrouded in mist partially hidden we walk he is a Black Wolf and I female White Wolf. He stops moving as I begin to move ahead of him and he turns to snap his teeth at me. I stop moving and follow his line of sight into the open field. When I read of the child in the Black Wolf my heart bled with tears for in him I see our child from the Ancient grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I tell my Ancient Black Wolf, I love him so deeply? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By thinking about him and feeling the love so deeply, you have already communicated with him. Many blessings to you.

      Delete
  8. I had a vision that a wolf with red eyes, his ears pinned back and looking threatening was inside my house in the bottom of the second floor stairs leading to the bedrooms. At the time of the vision I was away from home for the night. I had the vision in the night. I feared for my cat so in the vision I went downstairs and faced the wolf. I wasn’t afraid and felt he was protecting my house while I was gone. Insights Any one?? Happened on 2/22/2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the question, Peter. I would like to know if you have had this vision before or since the vision of 2/22/2013. He could have been what is known as the Whist Hound OR a Guardian for you and your family that was unfamiliar to you, taking the shape of an ominous looking and ready-for-anything wolf. My distinct feeling, though, after speaking with Spirit on this, is that your Wolf in this vision was looking ominous to ward off something else. He did this well and made himself known to you, sending his energy as a vision to you, alerting you to your energy needing to be there also - which you did do.

      Should you have the need to be away from home again, you may well find that this vision returns if something isn't right at home. The threat won't necessarily have to be inside the house, but on the property, and his energy (his aura, if you will) will do a great deal of protecting.

      What a wonderful vision, in my opinion, and I thank you for commenting here. Take care.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mariah for your comment. I was delighted to hear from you. No more wolf visions for me since then. Ironically I dreamed of a black bear last night on my property, the dream kept repeating itself ie: me running in the house before he got to me, it was a close call everytime. Also as it turns out I am not Peter. I am a female and for some reasons when I posted the wolf vision my ex boyfriend's of 4 years ago showed up on my brand new Ipad instead of my name. ( he calls himself a wizard) Oh well! I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you
      S

      Delete
    3. Thank you, 'S', for your reply. Feel free to contact me directly at mariah@ladymariah.com if you'd like to speak more in depth with me. Take care and have a beautiful week.
      Mariah

      Delete
  9. In a drumming circle several years ago, I was approached by a large male white wolf. He spoke to me, saying "we will speak again later." I have not seen him again. I have not had an opportunity to participate in another drumming circle since, but he has not appeared in my dreams or meditations. I have been looking since then for some explanation or direction, can't find anything too helpful. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathleen,
      White Wolves are our Guardians in a strong form for us. They are symbolic of our sense of family and "the pack" energy even if we are alone and without much family. This Guardian helps to show you a path and will appear to you when you least expect it, oftentimes when you are in a situation where you need to know you aren't alone.

      I have known several people who have seen their White Wolf energy when they are in stressful situations - such as when they're involved in a court case or some other uncertain time where great stress is involved. Depending upon what may have been going on in your private life at the time, White Wolf was giving you support, guidance, and letting you know things would work out much better than you feared; perhaps not perfect, but better.

      Thank you for your comment here, Kathleen, and may many wonderful blessings be yours.
      Mariah

      Delete
  10. I have always been terrified of wolves and dogs. When I got sick years ago I saw a vision of a black wolf on my bed. It felt real but I wasn't too scared. Years later a wolf greyish white showed up near my house and I wouldn't leave me house unless he walked away. Years after my brother bought a dog a husky- and I got over my fear of wolves and dogs. Recently when I meditate I see a white-grey wolf. Is this my power animal?
    I would also like to ask what does it indicate if the wolf changes color at different times in your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shahd,
      Thank you for your comment and asking your questions here. I don't blame you for being unnerved at seeing the black wolf initially. I see the Wolf more as a Guardian to you and, as you progress through things, advancing in life and developing, connecting with your Higher Power and self, the Wolf will change in color for you. It will become lighter in color, thus representing your own awakening and strength, in essence, becoming lighter as well. So, it IS your power manifesting as that of the image of Wolf - who is always the teacher - as well as your Guardian in this case.
      Take care,
      Mariah

      Delete